Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some pains are unspeakable

Finished reading "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom, recently.
He begun the story by telling how he ends up killing himself... interesting enough when he mentioned that in the very first sentence of the book, makes you wanted to read more.
The first chapter itself reminds me of many things happened lately in my life.
I don't know whether it is because of age, or it is because of what I really experience in life that when I read this book, it gives me some sort of unspeakable kind of feeling.  How to put them in words... ehm... Let's see... Can I say that I feel more, something deeper this time.
I love reading good books, enjoying good songs and musics, they give me sensational feelings that no words can describe.  To sum up, they are good stuffs that I don't want to miss, in the past, I meant.  And, today, I found something different, that there are certain things in life that I thought I know and I understand, but after so many things happened and I read something like what he wrote in the book, I feel the pain for the very first time, a deeper one compared to whatever books or lines I'd read in the past, that I guess, I understand how he feels because I feel the same too.  The kind of pain that only can be understood when you have the same experience. 
It is great, I guess?  To be able to find some similarities between you and someone who lives in different world and life from you, in a far distance, but something there is connecting the both of you, the same pain, the same guilt and the same feeling of abandonment.
Well, I think that's what we called 'growing up'.
The more you understand, the less you are able to put them in words, because some pains are unspeakable. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the book too! dunno how many times i cried reading it...including Tuesdays with Morrie & The Five People I Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom :'(

    ReplyDelete