Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Secret


You came to me that night
You must have planned to tell about the pain you bear all these years
But you say nothing 
We end up drinking and laughing all night long
There was no sign of despair 
You laughed and you joked the whole night
10 o’clock in the morning
You were nowhere to be seen
You must have gone back home, I thought
The phone rang
They said you're gone
And you'd killed yourself
You say nothing 
Not even goodbye
Am I too ignorance to notice the bleakness creeping inside you
Or I was just too scared to mention about it
As much as you were afraid to share it with me too?
You were dead and I am not
If I have got a chance to tell you
The very night you came to me
I was planning to end my life
But I laughed and I drank
Instead of telling how much pain and guilt
Have been hiding and eating me up from inside
You are now gone 
And I have to live up with the secret that we shared 

No comments:

Post a Comment