Thursday, October 9, 2014

Called back this morning to check on my brother who is going to leave the house for the first time and to my surprise, dad is not sending him... DAD IS NOT SENDING HIM OFF! It was very unusual for him to do that... 
As far as I could remember dad insisted to drive a 4-5 hours just to pick me up and send me off every time I travelled back to Sarawak... regardless how tired he was on that day... just because I insisted to visit the man I love the most in Kuching first before going back home.
Being a very straight-forward and hot-tempered person, he is not the gentle-loving type father, instead he scolds and criticises to discipline us all... that built a barrier so high between the children and him. No matter how much we might have loved and felt for each other, his reservation keeps drifting each of his children away from him... None would want to sit and eat with him, let alone to share anything with him... I am the only child who keeps going back to him, sits and eats with him when no one dares to, pampers him by reheating food for him knowing him couldn't stand cold food (mum said that he was spoilt by the parents for he is the only son in the family), rings him up after every argument he stirred in the family... because he is my dad and the first man who loves me with his life... he never expresses and shares... but I feel him... Mum once told me during my uni days, my dad hid himself and cried every time I left home... The pain pierces so deeply... Dad is so-called a respected man at our place, others see him as an intelligent and capable man, even his own children fear him, having to picture he cries like a baby is something unbelievable...
I think I know why is he not sending my brother to the airport... with me leaving home 13 years ago has ripped off a piece of him and this is another piece...
Dad, you are still the best dad ever! We all love you truly, but because we are yours, we all possess the stubborn trait of yours... and we all too have this strong love towards you... no doubt... and the best thing I could ever give you is not the car and the house that I'm paying for you but the salvation in Him, the happiest thing in my life is to know that we all will again meet each other is heaven one day... but please don't say goodbye too soon, I wish to do more things with you and mum together which I haven't get to chance to do with you both yet... I'm always glad and proud to be yours and mum's princess (a big one, of course Lol) and that's the only and one reason why I refuse to get marry and you and mum knew it...

No comments:

Post a Comment